Home Entertainment Takeoff Migos Lands Himself In Sexual Assault Lawsuit

Takeoff Migos Lands Himself In Sexual Assault Lawsuit

115
0
Takeoff Migos Lands Himself In Sexual Assault Lawsuit
Source: Instagram

A new civil lawsuit was filed on Wednesday morning in Los Angeles Superior Court, alleging that a member of the popular hip-hop/rap group Migos, Takeoff raped a woman at a party in Encino in June 2020.

The defendant of the lawsuit filed the allegations anonymously. Stating her case, she claims the rapper Takeoff attacked her, born Kirshnik Khari Ball on June 23, 2020, at a house party she attended with Druel, the Migos backup performer.

Explaining further, she stated that Takeoff had offered her Marijuana and started a conversation with her. He made advances which she rejected; he would later run after which Durel was in a stairwell. Takeoff followed the plaintiff into an upstairs bedroom, where he allegedly forced himself on and raped her.

The alleged victim filed the report with LAPD and underwent a medical examination later in the day after the alleged assault. So far, there have not been any unspecified charges filed in the case. Meanwhile, the suits alleged sexual battery, gender violence, assault, and many other claims.

Neama Rahmani, the woman’s attorney, said,
“She’s terrified; there is a significant disparity in wealth and power. He’s a famous artist, and he had security, there were weapons on the premises. She is someone who doesn’t have those resources and is also concerned about safety and retaliation. That adds an extra element in a case like this when he’s rich and powerful.”

As at the time of filing this report Takeoff’s representatives did not return requests for comment.

The suit is yet to seek any unspecified damages; according to Rahmani, the lawsuits were mainly intended to fasten criminal investigation.

“I don’t want to disparage law enforcement, but I’ve never seen a case handled like this,” Rahmani said. “It’s been a very drawn-out investigation, and not much has been done. I’m hoping that after beginning discovery in this suit, other witnesses will come forward. We’re committed to supporting the criminal investigation, but the time for waiting for LAPD has passed.”