- Armored Quadricycle, 1898
Quadricycle was the first armed petrol engine powered vehicle ever built. It was created and built by British inventor F.R. Simms in 1898. He created the vehicle by installing a Maxim machine gun on the front wheels bar of a De Dion-Bouton quadricycle. He also put an iron shield in front of the car for the driver’s screen. The driver also turned the machine gun.
- Motor War Car, 1899
Motor War Car was the world’s first real bulletproof car. It was designed and developed by British inventor F.R. Simms in 1899. The vehicle had Vickers armor 6 mm thick and was powered by a four-cylinder 3.3-liter 16 hp Cannstatt Daimler engine giving it a maximum speed of around 14.5 km/h.
- Davidson Automobile Battery Armored Car
The Davidson Automobile Battery bulletproof car was built by Royal Page Davidson and the cadets of the Northwestern Military and Naval Academy in Highland Park, Illinois. Davidson created this vehicle in 1901. He and his students at the Northwestern Military and Naval Academy built two of these partially armored military means. They were armed with Colt.30 caliber machine guns. The vehicles remained powered by a tubular steam boiler. They had difficulty in going up hills because of changes in the water level in the boiler. Davidson made these lightly armored military vehicles of one thousand pounds at the Academy campus in Highland Park, Illinois.
- Charron, Girardot et Voigt, 1902
The Charron, Girardot et Voigt 1902 was a French armored car, designed by the Georgian engineer Mikheil Nakashidze in 1902. It was equipped with a Hotchkiss machine gun, and with 7 mm armor for the gunner, with a road speed of 50km/hour.
- Rolls-Royce Armoured Car, 1914
This British armored car produced in 1914 and used in World War I and in the early part of World War II. Rolls-Royce, in the war, served on many fronts of the Middle Eastern theatre. The vehicle was modernized in 1920 and in 1924, following in the Rolls-Royce 1920 Pattern and Rolls-Royce 1924 Pattern. In 1940, 34 vehicles which served in Egypt with the 11th Hussars regiment had the “old” turret followed with an open-topped unit offering a Boys anti-tank rifle, .303-inch Bren machine gun, and smoke-grenade launchers.